Rosewood Hotel Georgia combines the grandeur of the Roaring Twenties with contemporary design in the heart of Vancouver. First opened in 1927, the legendary Forbes 5-Star hotel has been meticulously restored to its place as one of the most prominent hotels worldwide. Providing a flawless combination of legacy with luxury, Rosewood Hotel Georgia features 156 guestrooms and suites, award-winning dining, and Sense, a Rosewood Spa – the only Forbes 5-Star spa in Canada. For generations, guests have indulged in Hotel Georgia’s charming ambience, remarkable service and landmark location.
A member of the Rosewood Hotel Georgia Sense Spa team, the Spa Attendant plays a key role in maintaining the cleanliness of the Spa and swimming pool facilities, including locker room, fitness, reception, and lounge areas. Reporting directly to the Spa Manager, the Spa Attendant constantly observes and monitors all activity within the Spa, pool, and fitness areas, offering assistance and instruction to guests/visitors in an engaging, intuitive, and refined manner.
- Monitors and maintains cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas, promptly reporting all deficiencies for immediate attention.
- Sets and maintains water/tea stations; assists in food & beverage service in the Spa.
- Prepares treatment rooms according to specified guidelines.
- Maintains linen inventories and replenishes on a regular basis throughout the shift.
- Assists guests with the familiarization of fitness center equipment.
- Ensures all amenities in the locker rooms, treatment rooms, fitness center, and pool area are fully stocked at all times.
- Performs all other duties, as assigned.
- Exceptional organizational skills and demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced work environment.
- Must be self-directed, motivated, and demonstrate exceptional customer service, interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Excellent ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and openly in all interactions (verbal and written).
- Must be able to show initiative in job performance, including anticipating what needs to be done before it becomes a necessity.
- Demonstrated ability to work with maximum accuracy, efficiency and attention to detail.
- Excels in a team environment.
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule to meet the business needs of a 24/7 hotel environment, including mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Knowledge of SpaSoft considered an asset.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Education: High school diploma.
Experience: Minimum 1 year experience in a luxury spa environment, preferably within a luxury hotel. A background in fitness education and/or health related discipline is an asset.