|The M * A * C Artist represents the image, products and culture of the brand to the customer. S/he’s primary responsibility is customer service and achieving sales through exceptional communications skills and artistic abilities. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to, maintaining the counter environment and operations and assisting with administrative duties.
- Provide welcoming, personal, professional service to all customers at all times. * Ask questions, investigate preferences, listen to customer, and make the experience interactive. * Suggest group of appropriate products and/or colors to meet and exceed customers’ needs (including AUS / IPT accountabilities). * Assist customers with product/services selection and information. * Demonstrate effective communication skills along with well-executed and expedient application of makeup to achieve the look the customer desires. Sample products as applicable. * Inform customers of M * A * C consciousness programs and philosophies. * Upon closing the sale, thank the customer, invite the customer to future M * A * C visits.
- Meet individual contribution to the team’s goals in terms of sales and brand objectives. * Keep informed about products/company information/store information. * Actively participate in store theme days, events and new product launches.
- Study the Skills Certification requirements and complete as many certifications as appropriate. * Actively participate in M * A * C training sessions and partnered store mandatory training sessions.
4. Store Maintenance:
- Execute the brands standard counter practices. * Actively participate in cleaning displayer units, tools, and testers throughout the day, and more thoroughly at night to prepare for next day’s business. * Maintain a clean and organized work area. * Maintain tester units in proper schematic order. * Clean or replace any broken or damaged products. * Maintain proper placement and condition of merchandise on counter, in stock room and maintained areas. * Inform management of any store maintenance issues. * Inform management of any health and safety issues which might lead to accidents.
- Assist with inventory counts. * Assist in stocking/re-stocking of all counter supplies and inventory on a daily basis as required. * Assist in merchandising and re-stocking all products on the floor in showcases and cabinets every morning and as needed throughout the day. * Communicate low stock and out-of-stocks to Counter Manager. * Assist in the proper rotation of stock. * Complete assigned projects such as counting expiration dates and batch codes on products.
6. Administrative Assistance:
- Accurately record time worked within the appropriate time period. * Adhere to proper security procedures regarding handling of product and assets.
Qualifications / Skills:
- Education: Minimum completed diploma in makeup artistry from a recognized institution. * Work Status: Authorization to work in Canada. * Language Skills: Second language fluency are a definite asset, Korean or Mandarin are preferred. * Job-Related Skills: Excellent customer service, organizational & time management skills. * Job-Related Experience: Cosmetic experience preferred. * Analytical/Interpretive Skills: Ability to work in a fast paced environment. * Communication Skills: Excellent customer service and communication skills; professional attitude and ability to be flexible and handle change in a positive manner.
This position requires excellent communication skills to be performed on a daily basis. It requires moderate physical effort. Some unpacking and packing of materials is required when restocking the floor supplies. There may be moving and setting up of displays and other events taking place in your location. At counter, ability to stand for 8-10 hour shifts and ability to lift and move 15 kg.
Retail Partnered Store located at YVR Duty Free Stores – Vancouver International Airport.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter through the online process. SPARK Business Services Group is the designated recruiter and employer for this role. More information at www.sparkgroupinc.com
No Phone Calls Please.