Float Yaletown is a boutique spa specializing in floatation therapy/sensory deprivation. We are looking for a few people to join our team in a part time role (up to 3 shifts / week). Current shifts are daily 9:30 am – 4:00 pm and 3:30 pm – midnight. Preference will be given to applicants who will be available for nights and weekends. We are looking for responsible self starters who thrive working independently and ensuring guests expectations are exceeded.
– Greeting customers
– Answering phones and emails
– Booking people in on our scheduling system online (Mind Body)
– Being able to give new customers a tour of the space as well as the tanks and their functions
– Completing transactions
– Gaining and sharing knowledge about floating and its benefits
– Communicating with guests both pre and post float (helping with concerns, questions and feedback)
– Cleaning, which includes: resetting each room after use (wiping down pod/walls/floor of salt), replacing laundry, mopping, sweeping, dusting, removal of trash and more
– Excellent communication skills
– Problem solving
– Ability to multi task
– Ability to stay busy and be self-sufficient
– Outgoing and personable
– Available evenings and weekends.
– Physically able to complete labor intensive tasks
– Previous floating experience is not necessary but is a bonus
Please respond with resume as well as shifts you are able to work. We will be holding interviews April 22 and 23.
Compensation starts at $13 / hour for probation period and escalates from there. Free use of Float Pods, discount on retail merchandise, discounted friends and family floats and a an relaxing, peaceful working environment is included.