Nordstrom isn’t just another job—it’s a career. We’re a leading fashion retailer that’s offered the very best of what’s next in fashion for men, women and children since 1901. We believe in rewarding outstanding work, developing employees’ careers and building long-term relationships with our customers and employees. It’s fun, supportive, competitive and a great place to grow your career.
A day in the life…
As a member of our beauty team, you’ll play a dual role—part artist, part teacher. In this role, you’ll…
- Build long-lasting relationships with customers who have a passion for the latest cosmetics, beauty and fragrance trends. From greeting them in the store and suggesting new styles to checking in with them later and inviting them to exclusive events and promotions.
- Share your knowledge and excitement about the latest beauty trends—soft and romantic, smoky and bold.
- Give honest, tactful feedback and guidance to customers on beauty products.
- Set and exceed company and personal goals to help ensure your team meets overall line metrics.
- Be a great team player by doing your part to keep the department ready for its close-up, including stocking, re-merchandising, display, merchandise transfers and light cleaning.
You own this if you…
- Love the idea of writing your own paycheck—the more you sell, the more you make.
- Excel in a competitive team environment and are motivated by setting and meeting goals.
- Consider yourself a beauty expert, making the world a prettier place, one face at a time.
- Build great relationships with customers and co-workers through stellar communication and follow-through.
- See the world through the eyes of an entrepreneur—you’re comfortable taking initiative and driving your own business.
- Keep a calm head when dealing with customer concerns.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment thanks to your ace organizational skills and ability to quickly learn new technologies and processes.
- Embrace a flexible scheduled based on department and store needs.
- Already have experience? Even better!
We’ve got you covered…
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes a fabulous merchandise discount; an employer-matched retirement plan; extended health, prescription, vision and dental coverage and more.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work employees can expect within this particular job classification. It is certainly not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required for this job. No visa sponsorship is available for this position.
Position: Retail Sales – Cosmetics
Location: Pacific Centre – Vancouver
Apply through Nordstrom Job Board.