Request an Audition
New Image College invites all aspiring actors and actresses to audition for your spot in our upcoming intakes. We encourage you to take the first step toward your dream career as our available spots are limited.
We also invite you to familiarize yourself with our admissions process. To stay up to date with our latest student showcases, admissions opportunities and community events fill out the form below and visit our Facebook page.
APPLY & AUDITION
- Please review the general and program admission requirements on our website.
- Once you’ve applied with the form below, an admissions advisor will then contact you to get to know you better, to discuss the program in more detail and to schedule an appointment at the campus. At this point, your audition will be booked to suit your availability.
- Audition: Your audition will consist of a prepared monologue and a scene in front of a panel of three; the Artistic Director and two acting professionals. Please prepare an age appropriate contemporary monologue of approximately 1-2 minutes long. Each candidate will also receive a scene prior to the audition.
Please do not perform monologues from classical texts i.e. Shakespeare, Chekhov, Ibsen, or original works. Your monologues must be age appropriate and from a legitimate source material. Please feel free to contact the admissions office if you have any questions about appropriate material.
We want you to find a piece that excites you. But most importantly, we want you to find a monologue and character that you have a personal connection to. The more connected you are to the character’s circumstances, the more we get to see your talent and personality.
- If you are successful in the audition stage you will receive an email inviting you for a call back at New Image College.
- The call back workshop will consist of a group warm up, relaxation exercises and improvisation in front of a panel of three; the Artistic Director and two acting professionals. The acting candidate’s individual scene work will be directed and refined using various acting techniques.
Group Warm Up and Improvisation exercises: 45 Minutes
Individual Scene Work: up to 30 minutes (per candidate)
- You will be notified via email whether you have been successfully accepted to the Film Acting Conservatory Program. We then require you to accept or decline this offer within 10 business days of receiving the initial notice.
- Upon your acceptance, a New Image admissions advisor will contact you to schedule an appointment to begin the official application and registration process.